Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dates! But not the kind with flowers...well, not overtly anyway...

After FINALLY submitting my last few things for the Peace Corps, I received what seems like pretty concrete info about dates and stuff. Also, these dates somewhat change my I'm-leaving-in-two-months crisis, as it's even less than that now. Anyway, In case you're interested....

25th Sept: Orientation in Philly
27th Sept: Depart for Ukraine with the 70 other members in my group
1st Oct: Find my way to my 3-month home to begin PST (Pre-Service Training)
21st Dec: Start my job in my permanent location (not necessarily the same as PST)

I'm probably going to head out a week early to visit Stef in DC before orientation, which puts my final day in CA somewhere around the 20th Sept. The Peace Corps will help me book my tickets and stuff at the end of August, so that's when I'll have a SOLID date of my departure. I'm going on a few trips here and there before I go...I'm looking forward to Denver and my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary celebration next weekend and I'll try to hit up Tucson to see my mom's side in early Sept.

So, day trips to Disneyland and Catalina, living it up with the fam here and there, and I'm off! It's going to be a great end to my summer, and I think I'll really be ready to go when the time comes. I've been unexpectedly and backwardsly blessed with a pretty light schedule this summer, which will definitely help in allowing me to leave with my goals accomplished. There will probably be quite a few In 'N Out runs and Schooner days...so you locals feel free to hit me up and enjoy So Cal life with me! :)

No comments: