Saturday, December 29, 2007

My first apartment!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is still about all I can process in light of my new apartment!!! Kelly and I have been talking about finding a place to live in until I leave for the Peace Corps in late September. We had this lovely notion that we might be able to find a place near the ocean that was in our price range...which is not large, I can tell you! So you can only imagine my surprise when I was walking down Ingrid's street and I noticed an "Open House" sign for an affordable place RIGHT near the ocean! And in Belmont Shore, of all places! I LOOOOOOVE Belmont Shore...we joke about how it's our/my vacation spot. And now I get to live there!

Anyway, I popped into the apartment and picked up an application, thinking I might as well get my feet wet with learning how to find an apartment, since I've never done it before. I filled it out, then stuck it in the mail slot of the realty company, since it was 6:00 and their office was closed. I didn't really think much more about it until I got a phone call at 8:30 the next morning. The lady gave me all the reasons why I was not necessarily a desirable tenant...I don't make enough money, I've never rented before...and then said she'd run my credit check anyway. An HOUR later she called back asking if I could drop off my deposit the same day!!!!

So I've taken in my first deposit check and given it to the realtor of my first apartment, and now I just need to wait for Kell to get out here! I am SO excited about this new turn my life has taken into this adventure, and I can't wait to see what all happens!

No comments: