Monday, December 24, 2007

P.S. for yesterday's escapades

More remembered stories from Dave:

"So my sisters got all mad and wouldn't talk to us. They thought my dad had a part in my mom's death. Right, like the man who had been married to her for.....um.....48 years would do that. So I told my dad, 'We'll just have to wait it out.' And we're still waitin'."

"I was dating this French girl, and we walked by and there was this guy hanging off the scaffolding around a building that was under construction. He kept yelling, 'Let me out! Let me out!' and called my name, Dave. But we just kept walking. But I didn't really like the French girl, and the other guy was just really out there, so I ditched the French girl and told the guy to come over. I call him Corona. He plays guitar...classical guitar, and is the most talented musician I know. I mean, he can write music and lyrics and he plays the guitar wonderfully...but the guy can't sing worth a damn. I told him, I said, "Corona, you can play your guitar but don't you dare ever sing in my house. And if you ever sing a song that's playing on the radio that I like, I'll kill you."

"So back in Nevada, I had this historic house with 10 acres. Every year, for the town fair, it's the oldest town in Nevada, you see, there would be this huge fair and so I'd make a little money off my property by charging $2 per car, $5 per truck, and $10 per motor home, you know, for the whole day. And my kids would help me out, but I know they were skimming their cut off the top. They'd have all this stuff from the craft fair. That's how I knew they were taking their cut. They pretended to be all helpful, but then they'd disappear for a few hours and come back on the tractor with hot dogs. I never told them they could take out the tractor, and I didn't say they could go to town and buy hot dogs!"

"Am I making sense?"

No comments: