Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss-worthies

Aside from my fabulous family and friends, I miss:

1. Good Eats with Alton Brown and Project Runway
2. In-N-Out animal-style fries, well-done, easy on the thousand island
3. Lettuce
4. Avocado
5. Cookie dough ice cream, preferably Ben and Jerry's
6. Coffee dates (with REAL coffee, not this instant crap)
7. Driving
8. Free nights and weekends
9. The dollar theatre in Irvine
10. 2nd Street and the Orange Circle
11. Margaritas
12. Summer

Things I already know I will miss about Ukraine:
1. Juice
2. Chocolates/candies/cookies
3. Babushkas
4. The bazar
5. Overnight trains
6. The "organic" fanaticism of just about every Ukrainian
7. Flowers
8. My students and Ukra family
9. Homemade wine
10. Slippers
11. Compote
12. Canned (but in jars) veggies and fruits

It's good to know what's worth missing, present or future.

1 comment: