Monday, October 19, 2009

Quarter of a Century

On the 14th, I got more phone calls and more wishes of love and value than any person deserves! Thank you all for your attentions you lavished on me! I had a GREAT day.

It started at 6 am with an awesome Skype date with Brother Drew. And then a long morning run before my first lesson. When I walked into first lesson, the kids stood up and sang "Happy Birthday!" 27 little fifth-formers singing their hearts out was absolutely wonderful! Next, my English teachers gave me their gifts and well-wishes. ALSO a traditional Ukrainian shirt, with matching earrings and necklace. I wore them the next day to everyone's delight. Here's the ensemble with two of my teachers, Olga and Galina.


















After school, we had an impromptu (or so I thought!) party in the cafe. My neighbor and a French teacher at our school fried up some yummy fish and we enjoyed a few hours' conversation. Lovely!
These are my two cafe ladies, Olga and Olga.
















This is the spread we managed. YUM!


















Next, though not my actual birthday, it was off to L'viv to celebrate a Peace Corps girl's wedding. She married a great Ukrainian guy last month and the reception was Saturday. To make for a special occasion, I went up a day early to meet the bf and to splurge on a yummy yummy sushi dinner. Thanks b-day cash!

















Strolling L'viv late that night, I found these lovely reminders of the beauty of memories at a monument in the park.

















The reception was LOVELY, L'viv was chilllllly, but my heart is warmed and overjoyed. Thanks for being a part of it!

No comments: