Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas with an Outhouse!

Some of my amazingly and wonderfully talented friends are putting together a Christmas CD as a charity project for the Orange County Rescue Mission. They asked people to contribute to the disc, musically or other wise. I had the absolute delight to put this little ditty together...to the tune of "O Holy Night." Now that it's post-Thanksgiving, I'm sharing! Have fun!


Snuggled up tight, the roaring fire glowing
Cocoa in hand and the dog on the rug
Woolen socks and cheery music playing
Feeling the call of the nature I shrug

Jacket, boots, gloves, hat and wool scarf a'winding
Step out and take, the first and frozen breath

Chorus
Deeeeear indoor plummmmmbing, how faaaaar from me you arrrrre now,
Chriiiiiiiistmas with an ooooooouthouse, oh night, should be spent warm
Oh night so cold, a night, to be inside

Trudging through snow and narr'ly avoiding slipping
Reaching the throne, it is dark and taunts me
Bracing myself, jaw tight and hands shiv'ring
I lower slowly praying for mercy

Sweet relief is there though begrudgingly accepted
This life half-giv'n half-taken in this land

No comments: