Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A gallon of gas, or.....

Hahaha...I found this as a draft from AGES ago. Thought I'd publish...wonder what prices are like a year and a half later???


Date written: April 16, 2008
I've been doing some thinking lately, about gas prices. Actually, more accurately, I've been doing a lot of avoiding of said phenomena which actually continues to backfire on me as I'm only putting in about $10 each time, hoping the price will go back down before I need another fill-up, but alas, all this system has done for me is cause me to have to go to the gas station about 3 times a week. I used to think lattes were expensive, especially since I once had a Starbucks employee tell me I could have bought a gallon of milk for what I paid for one latte (hello guilt-ridden coffee-addict!!!). I was going to post something about how we could either buy a latte, or a horde of other things, but now that gas has superceeded guilty lattes, it's all about what we could buy instead of a gallon of gas.

A gallon of milk: $3.70-ish


A latte: $3.60


Half of a black-and-tan: Usually about $5.50


Almost 2 bottles of Chuck: $1.99 each


A loaf and a half of bread: $2.39-ish each


Two dozen eggs: $1.29 per doz


A pound of butter: $2.79 per lb

No comments: