Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm an auntie again!

My counterpart's birthday was last week, and in typical Ukrainian fashion, there was a dinner party. When I arrived at the house, there were several new faces for me, including an adorable 2-year-old one. And that's when it happened: to this spunky little girl I was introduced as "Teota Sarah," or Aunt Sarah! I have so many awesome nieces and nephews in the States and have absolutely treasured being Auntie Sarah to them (or Sister, but that's really just a difference of dogmatics...). Being someone's auntie here has deepened my sense of belonging in this community and my counterpart's family. And I see so many awesome pictures of my States-side short ones! I'm really getting the best of both worlds, and I love it!

2 comments:

Sue said...

So good to hear the Auntie connect! You're a GREAT auntie so I'm glad to know that your skills are keeping sharp in the Ukraine. Bless you!

Pastor Seth said...

Thanks for all the updates. Love hearing about your Ukrainian adventures. Your little nieces here in Long Beach miss their "sister Sarah". We all love you and can't wait to see you again.